REEF KNOTS Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data. Please do not use www.reefknots.com (“our site”) unless you agree with all policies listed on our site.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Reef Knots Limited.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide when ordering products online at: www.reefknots.com (“our site”). This includes, without limitation, the information provided when you subscribe to any of our services and/or posting material on our site. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Please note: When placing an order with us:
• We will ask for your email address so that we can send you an email confirming your order and so that we may send you additional marketing information. You can opt out of receiving such information when setting up your account.
• We will ask for your telephone number so that we can call you if there’s a problem with your order. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe to our mailing list please let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com or follow the link at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties
NB: WE WILL ONLY ASK FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS IF YOU ARE PLACING AN ORDER. WE WILL NEVER ASK YOU TO CONFIRM ANY ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD DETAILS VIA EMAIL. IF YOU RECEIVE SUCH AN EMAIL, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AND NOTIFY US IMMEDIATLY AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• speed up your searches.
• recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. When you proceed to make your purchase and your browser connects to the secure section of our site your browser should show a padlock in the bottom right hand corner.
If you are using a computer in a public location we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser down when you complete an online session for your security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
At Reef Knots we are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
We use the information that we gather from you so that we can:
• Process your orders quickly and efficiently
• Make your shopping experience with us as quick and as simple as possible.
• Inform you of Reef Knots' offers that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for marketing purposes.
• Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Reef Knots Ltd.
• Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• Notify you about changes to our service.
• Help to protect you from fraud.
From time to time we would like to be able to pass your information to carefully selected third parties that offer products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have opted-in to receive such communications, for example when you completed a data capture form of placed an order with us.
By entering into an agreement with us when you placed an order, entered a competition or prize draw run by us, or joined our membership, you have consented to this use of your data. You may ask us at any point not to share your information with third parties for this purpose by contacting us at email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Reef Knots or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Reef Knots Ltd
40 Leadenhall Market, London, EC3V 1LT